Monday, June 7, 2010

The Premise

The word "summer" means different things at different life stages. When I was 5, it meant blowing bubbles, running around my front yard and playing in our plastic baby pool in the front yard. When I was ten, it meant roller blading to my best friend's house at 6 a.m. and waking up her Dad. When I was fifteen, it meant sleepovers, baking experiments and working long and arduous hours at the snack bar of our neighborhood swimming pool. Now, as a junior in college, while I should probably be interning at a prestigious firm or using money from a research grant to gather important data, I am sitting in my living room blogging. Summer at this point means making the money I need to have an unpaid internship this Fall reporting at the Pioneer Press in Minnesota. In other words, summer means nannying.

The fact is, my nannying position won't be starting for another week- so I will have had three weeks to kill, read, visit with my family, play pick-up soccer, or whatever else I choose to do with my time. So far the time has disappeared very quickly without so much as leaving a note on the fridge. I'm optimistic that even once the job starts, I will have an interesting enough life to share with the online community. I'm going to back-blog now and post about a couple of highlights from the past couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment